Wednesday, October 8, 2008

SPOOKY TIMES!


With so much Autumn Spirit in the air, we decided to have a PUMPKIN FEST! The food was extra spooky and yummy. I made Pumpkin Stew, which cooked in a pumpkin in the oven. The pumpkin looked a little deflated after an hour baking in the oven...but the stew was MMM MMM GOOD!




What would a PUMPKIN FEST be without Witch Finger Breadsticks, Caramel Apples, and Eyeball Cupcakes? We have really creative friends who surpassed my expectations when it came to the food. It was so fun.


The Little Ones loved the party too!


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness you have so much energy and talent!!! What fun ideas! And I love your new background for the blog - super cute!

The Tait Family said...

So fun! Really cute ideas too! I want the Pumpkin stew recipe. Gracie just always looks so happy to be a part. What a sweet girl!

Tammy said...

I love the idea of a pumpkin feast. I love the witches finger breadsticks. I would have never thought of cooking soup in an actual pumpkin.

Greg and Ky said...

Looks like a fun Halloween party! I agree with Stacy, Gracie always looks so happy. I love her little Halloween outfit, so cute!
I'm glad you enjoyed my last post. I remember that story about the burrito... I could never turn down a bet with my brothers. My stomach just could not handle any more burrito!

Nicole said...

What a fun party! The food looks delicious...

Lacey Tait said...

Hey! You guys are just so much fun! Always doing such fun and exciting things! And Gracie is just the cutest little girl, always so happy!

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

How clever!!! Do you mind sharing the pumpkin stew recipe?

Amy said...

What a great idea! That looks like so much fun! Yummy "creepy" food!

- Tristin - said...

WOW!!! What a spread!! Those Carmel Apples look SO GOOD... I am ACTUALLY licking the screen here!:D You guys are "SPOOK-tacularly" fun and just out do yourself EVERY post. I can't wait for more!!!

The Haynes Herd said...

Your pictures turned out so cute. That was such a fun Pumpkinfest and I love your background music, nice and spooky!

The Cooking Schaack said...

Fun party!!! Everyone's food is so creative. Thanks for the thoughts on our blog. As far as the maternity pants. They are actually just low rise jeans!!! They are perfect because you can just wear it under the belly with a long shirt. I figured this out when I couldn't find any maternity jeans that I liked. I feel so silly giving you fashion tips. You definitely don't need any help. I think you have got the whole fashion thing down :}

Emilee said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Love the creative food. So when will you be down again? I'd love to get together again.

swiscoms said...

Brittany, You and Jody are always organizing and hosting such fun parties. The food looks very festive and it looks like everyone had a great time.