Sunday, September 13, 2009

Family Reunion

Get Your Boots on Folks!

We spent a good amount of time at Bear Lake this summer. In addition to having the Tait Family Reunion there...we also met up with the Crane side of the family for a weekend and spent time with my Aunts and Uncles from Idaho. We hit the Bear Lake County Fair, where Gracie bonded with the cows. Look HOW excited she is!


Michael got the ride of his life on the boat. He was laughing pretty hard because the waves picked up, and we were getting splashed. Mom threatened to start swearing if she got splashed again...and Michael thought that was hilarious. It was great.


Here's my mom with her three sisters. I'm not quite sure what's going on in some of these pictures...but I like it.


We enjoyed the beach, and the kids had a blast making sandcastles. Gracie could play for hours in the sand!


And who are these two trouble-makers trying to join our group?! Love the new look Dad and Michael!


It's so nice to get together with family who you don't often see. Gracie met many of her 2nd cousins for the first time on this trip!


And a highlight of the trip was the Demolition Derby. I'll be honest - I didn't want to go. However, it was surprisingly entertaining. Let me paint a visual for you...parts of old cars flying into the air as the old beaters ran into each other full speed (with strategy) trying to be the last one running before literally exploding. Then there was a four wheeler race - where each rider had a balloon taped to his/her helmet, and the other competitors tried to pop the balloon by hitting it with a plastic baseball bat. Who comes up with these things?! I don't know, but truth be told...with our prime front row seats, sitting on an old wooden bench and getting splashed with mud when the cars went by - I couldn't help but smile and really enjoy the moment!

(You can pause the music at the very bottom of the blog, if you can't hear the video.)

6 comments:

Marcie said...

That looks like so much fun! Gracie is COW-girl at heart (I can relate). I also went to the Demolition Derby with very low expectations but realized I would totally go again. We should go next summer together some time.

Emilee said...

Looks like you had a great time. I love the picture of Michael and Ronda on the boat. Also in the video when the cow moos the first time, Gracie's eyes go big, it's cute!

Cheyenne said...

Brittany, you do such an amazing job capturing life's experiences on your blog! It's so fun to see how Gracie is growing up so fast. Lots of new experiences. Congrats on surviving the demolition derby without getting a mullet! :) What an amazing summer you've had! I love looking online at reports, too--you're talented in so many ways!!

Anonymous said...

You guys seem to have had SO MUCH FUN this summer. I am a little jealous. We always go to the Bear Lake County Fair. This is one of the only years that we haven't been there with the cars. What a bummer. It would have been fun to see you guys there.

nasay said...

I'm so glad we got to share the time with our extended family again this year. I think we all had a really great time and need to do it next year.

The Haynes Herd said...

How fun to see all your family. I love bear lake and am glad to see that Gracie is enjoying the cows. Jake and Jaxon will be so pleased. The boots are super cute and I like the red high heels from the last post. Jax used to wear my shoes around all the time. hopefully he's grown out of wearing women's high heels :)