(Instead of the Missionaries.)
She is usually the one who wakes me up in the morning. (Picture the beginning of "Date Night" where Tina Fey gets slammed by a child jumping through the air & onto the bed!) The other day, she lifted up the covers and kindly announced, "Mom - Your Head Looks Like a Coconut." (Have you seen a good picture of a coconut lately??... Yikes. This is not a compliment...)
Gracie loves to sing songs. She does quite the version of Pants on the Ground!
Since beginning Primary in January, she has really caught on to many of the songs in the Children's Songbook. For weeks she would sing "I am a Child of God", and instead of singing 'With Parents Kind and Dear' - she sang 'With Parents Kind-of Here' :)
Little ones teach the most valuable lessons. Last week Jody and I were trying to hush Gracie so we could say a family prayer. The task seemed impossible. When we finally gave up on waiting and just said the prayer, Gracie continued to hum, tap her feet and play with her toys. Once Amen was said, I turned to Gracie and told her Heavenly Father was watching and wishing she would have folded her arms and listened during the prayer. In an instant; one simple moment - she asked,
"Can I try again? Can I have a do-over?"
And we prayed again. This time she looked like a poster child for the 'Friend Magazine' - folding her arms, bowing her head and quietly listening.
Now I'm not saying a little reminder that Heavenly Father wants us to do what is right, works every time. We say many prayers at our house where eyes are wide open and Gracie is poking Sienna or waving her pretend magic wand. But what stuck with me is that, in one moment, she made it seem so easy to change her ways and choose a better path.
She is usually the one who wakes me up in the morning. (Picture the beginning of "Date Night" where Tina Fey gets slammed by a child jumping through the air & onto the bed!) The other day, she lifted up the covers and kindly announced, "Mom - Your Head Looks Like a Coconut." (Have you seen a good picture of a coconut lately??... Yikes. This is not a compliment...)
Gracie loves to sing songs. She does quite the version of Pants on the Ground!
Since beginning Primary in January, she has really caught on to many of the songs in the Children's Songbook. For weeks she would sing "I am a Child of God", and instead of singing 'With Parents Kind and Dear' - she sang 'With Parents Kind-of Here' :)
Little ones teach the most valuable lessons. Last week Jody and I were trying to hush Gracie so we could say a family prayer. The task seemed impossible. When we finally gave up on waiting and just said the prayer, Gracie continued to hum, tap her feet and play with her toys. Once Amen was said, I turned to Gracie and told her Heavenly Father was watching and wishing she would have folded her arms and listened during the prayer. In an instant; one simple moment - she asked,
"Can I try again? Can I have a do-over?"
And we prayed again. This time she looked like a poster child for the 'Friend Magazine' - folding her arms, bowing her head and quietly listening.
Now I'm not saying a little reminder that Heavenly Father wants us to do what is right, works every time. We say many prayers at our house where eyes are wide open and Gracie is poking Sienna or waving her pretend magic wand. But what stuck with me is that, in one moment, she made it seem so easy to change her ways and choose a better path.
It's a lesson I need to learn often; and a sweet reminder that a glorious way has been provided for us, through our Savior Jesus Christ...so that we can have those much needed 'do-overs'.
"Can I Try Again?"
And if we have a sincere heart - the answer from our Father in Heaven will always be YES.
And if we have a sincere heart - the answer from our Father in Heaven will always be YES.

8 comments:
It's kinda scary how quickly kids pick up on things but then how fast they can learn from their mistakes. It takes me so much longer and I have to try so much harder now that I am older to break those bad habbits and I am constantly having to "try again". Gracie is so cute and such a smart little girl.
We sure LOVE our cute little Gracie girl. She can always bring a smile to all of our faces especially Michael!
I love the video of her singing. Holding the doll while singing that "classy" song is even better :)
The gospel is great and I love that our little ones teach us so much more about it every day. It's a beautiful thing that we can always have a chance to "do it again". Thanks Gracie for your inspiration. Your a very special girl!
What a sweetie. I'll have to try that one with Jaxon and Bridger. Although kids usually seem to complicate everything, they sure are good at bring things down to a level where I can comprehend.
Your girls are so cute! Makes me excited for mine:)
HEY!!! I just saw the comment you left on my blog a few weeks back & followed it back to your blog! Your girls are BEAUTIFUL (just like their mama).
I was catching up on your blog, and read about cookies burning and realized I had been so engrossed in the latest on the Tait family that I had forgotten about my cookies in the oven!
Your girls are darling, and you are a gifted writer. Your blog brings back so many memories of when we were having/raising our children.
We bought a home in Saratoga Springs, so that makes us neighbors again! We will have to get together sometime when we come home.
Post a Comment