Monday, October 29, 2012

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes...



We sprinkled on some pixie dust and flew off to the most magical place on Earth. 

The weather was unusually warm for September.  Main Street was already decorated for Halloween.  I had never been to Disneyland during the fall season.  It was soooo darling! 


We had Breakfast with Minnie at the Plaza on Main Street.  What a perfect way to start off our day!! An all-you-can-eat-buffet with Mouskersized Themed food, and the Disney Characters come to YOU.  So no waiting in lines to see some of our favorite stars.  The food was delicious, and most of us enjoyed seeing our Disney Friends. 

Sienna wasn't a huge fan.  Poor doll. She's perfected the bottom lip.




Next we headed over to Pixie Hollow where two Tinks compared the dandelion puffs on their fairy shoes. 


Then we met Tinker Bell's Sister, Periwinkle.  



While at Disney, we spent one day at California Adventure.  I had never been there.  CARS LAND was so fun.  Sienna slept in the stroller for her nap.  She *loved* 'Mater's Junkyard Jamboree' ride.  She was giggling the whole time! 




 


Gracie said her favorite rides at Disneyland were Dumbo, Radiator Springs Racers, King Triton's Carousel Of The Sea, and NOT Tower of Terror.   Yes.  She went on Tower of Terror.  She was barely tall enough to make it on the ride.  She was so excited she made the height requirement...she was pumped.  So as a parent, I'm debating on what to do.  Do I tell her, "it's too scary for you...so you can't do it."  I don't ever want her to feel like she can't do difficult things.  So I explained how it would be dark.  I pointed out the TALL tower and told her the elevator was going to fall and it would tickle her tummy.  She kept saying she was 100% in.  I was positive once we made it through the Twilight Zone Movie -- she would opt out.  (I remember running away from my parents while we were in line for a ride not nearly as scary at Disney...and I was six. -- not four.)  But she pressed on.  While we loaded the elevator, she told me she was most afraid that she would get the hiccups during the ride.  Oh boy.  She has no idea what's coming...I was thinking.  I was so nervous for her. 

I sat next to Gracie.  Michael sat in the middle of my dad and Jody, so that they could brace him and hold him up.  (Yes! Michael rode the ride.  And he loved it!)

The ride started.   (I love this ride.  It's one of my favorites.)  I screamed like a crazy person...like I do every time I ride it.  Gracie didn't make a peep.  She didn't move or squeeze my hand.  She was SO brave. 

We walked outside and met my mom and Sienna.  Gracie, who hadn't said a word despite me asking her how she was doing and if she was okay, finally turned to me and said in a matter-of-a-fact voice,

"Mom, I didn't like the ride.  You made a bad choice for me!"

I felt like the mother of the year.  Not really.  I felt terrible.  
Gracie has since forgiven me.  In fact, she brings up the experience ALL the time:  At the dentist, before getting a shot at the doctor, if it's dark in our house.  If anyone asks her if she's nervous -- she replies by saying, 

"No, I'm really brave.  I went on Tower of Terror."

And no one can disagree with that!   








3 comments:

VH said...

I feel Sienna and the characters. That would creep me out, too.

Natalie Kay said...

Your trip looks so fun and your pictures are amazing!

Megan said...

That is so great that you guys went on such a fun trip. I love how close you are with your parents and brother...makes me happy!