Oh, come, all ye faithful,
Joyful and triumphant!
Oh, come ye, oh, come ye to Bethlehem.
Joyful and triumphant!
Oh, come ye, oh, come ye to Bethlehem.
It was a busy night about two weeks before Christmas. I was hurrying around cleaning up dinner dishes, and my mind was in about a billion places; trying to organize my "what I need to do in order to be ready for Christmas, check off list." Gracie caught my attention. However, she wasn't tugging at my shirt or yelling. She was talking in a hush -- almost reverently -- and it wasn't even me she was talking to. She had gathered up a handful of her toys out of her room. She had carefully placed them around the Baby Jesus in our nativity set.

"Can everyone see the baby?" She whispered.

"Can everyone see the baby?" She whispered.
"This is a very special child...His name is Jesus."
She was careful in arranging the toys -- making sure they each had a good view of the Christ Child. I stopped what I was doing, and just watched. She didn't see me observing her play.
"Did you know He was born to save the world?"
She quietly asked her toys.
It was so sweet.
And she was so diligent in sharing her testimony of this special little baby.
And suddenly lists didn't matter -- tasks were meaningless.
And suddenly lists didn't matter -- tasks were meaningless.
Perhaps someone other than Mr. Duck, Tinker Bell, and Clarice the Reindeer needed a reminder. I smiled to myself. Yes. Gracie, this baby did indeed come to save the world! And that is why we celebrate Christmas. Hearing it from the mouth of a five-year-old made the season a bit sweeter.
2 comments:
That is so tender!!! I am so glad you shared this. What a sweetheart and what a good mother she has who taught her. I love it.
Cutest story ever!! So glad you wrote it down so you never forget!! Thanks for sharing. :)
Post a Comment