Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day at the Farm...


Before the most recent snowstorm here in Utah, the weather looked as if SPRING may have arrived. So we made use of the sunshine and visited our four-legged friends at the Thanksgiving Point Farm. Gracie loves animals. She enjoyed every minute of our visit.


Our tickets included a pony ride. So this Cowgirl went ridin' with her hands in the air. Yee Haa!


Saddle up Cowgirl!


Look at these poor animals. They are practically choking themselves all for some stale corn kernels.


We also took a very exciting ride on the horse-drawn wagon. Could this farm experience get any better? Really.


It just got better...the goat is licking my child's hand. We used a large amount of Purell after this visit. (Gracie looks very serious...I'm guessing the idea of feeding the goat had her mind going...since she is usually the one getting fed!)

10 comments:

Tammy said...

I miss Thanksgiving point. It is a fun place.

Emilee said...

We loved the farm at Thanksgiving Point too. It's a great place, can't wait to go back when the sun decides to return with some warmth.

Greg and Ky said...

looks like lots of fun! Too bad it keeps snowing every other day. Gracie looks like she loves being outside in the sun shine!

The Tait Family said...

Looks like fun! Although I get the feeling that the party and fun is wherever Gracie is!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love her hair!!! It's so angelic and ethereal... she is just too pretty.

Lacie @ Creative Attempts said...

Gracie is sooo big and pretty I miss having her in my home :)

Lyle and Mary: said...

"Farmer Gracie" does have a cute ring to it... won't be long until she is begging you for a kitty, dog, hamster, bird, fish etc etc. We had them all. Then you don't need to visit the farm because its living at your house!

The Haynes Herd said...

Gracie is getting so big and is cuter than ever. What a doll. I love all your fun pictures. You guys do such cool stuff. That's great. I love Gracie's pictures with the pigeons. A bird talker. That's impressive!

Jackie H said...

Now that you're from Lehi, Gracie has got to learn to hold on to that pony with both hands!

This summer we'll teach you all about Lehi Round-Up Days (if you don't already know...) I have relatives all along the parade routes in the best spots. Gracie will love the horse parade. And then there are always pony rides in the park on Saturday afternoons. We'll see how she does then when she's a little older :)

Cheyenne said...

How fun!! And what a terrific blog! I'm excited to keep in touch with you guys through your blog. I'll send you an invite to ours. My cousin married a former Miss Utah, too--but I think we made that connection while we were at Center for Service and Learning! Jackie Hunt...married my cousin Taylor Herrin. Anyway, you're gorgeous and a star in every way, most importantly in being someone the Spirit shines through!