
It's the World's Greatest Blessing - The privilege of being a Mother. Lately I have been so overwhelmed with gratitude for this little girl in my life.

Prior to moving to Utah, I worked part-time at a CBS affiliate station. It was roughly 20 hours a week, and we worked it out so that Gracie didn't have to be in daycare during that time. She came with me to work more than a number of times when she was quite little...and then wonderful friends provided the care we needed to fill in the gaps.
However, since we have moved - it's been Gracie and Mom - 24/7. I'm the one who gets to see her make all of her new discoveries. We do everything together, and with the exception of her 2 hour nap each day - life revolves completely around this little girl.
I had someone ask me recently, "What are your hobbies?" I paused. "Hmmm..", I thought. "Let's see. I'm really good at getting Gracie to eat her vegetables, and you should hear me read 'Mr. Brown can Moo'...and I enjoy coloring with Gracie."
It occurred to me that I really couldn't remember what it was that I used to spend my time doing before she was born. (I'm sure all you other moms can relate. There comes a time when you have a bit of an identity crisis because how could changing diapers, running errands, preparing bottles, dealing with tantrums, making a dinner your child WILL eat and cleaning up messes really be so time consuming...so hard some days...and YET so worth it?!)
Being a mom is amazing. I feel completely blessed!! I look at Gracie, and I'm overcome with a type of love I didn't think existed. I'm so thankful Heavenly Father has trusted me and Jody to be her parents. She teaches me everyday to find joy in the simple things.

And on a side note....Gracie's hair is getting longer and therefore giving me wings to be a little more creative.
XOXOX Love you Baby Girl!
11 comments:
Cute post! Gracie is getting so BIG! We hear she is full of personality!! We can't wait to hang out with her this summer.
Gracie is getting so dang BIG!! I love being a mother as well. There is no greater blessing. I am really glad that you get to be home with her.
I can't wait to meet Gracie. What does she think about younger men??
I totally agree with everything you said. It really is wonderful being a mother. Gracie is so cute and I love her hair!
And Thursday was really fun, we had a good time, thanks for having us over.
You're so right - it seems all I can talk about any more is how fun it is being Lily's mama :) It's incredible.
I am so jealous of Gracie's golden tresses! We've got a "fuzzy wuzzy" on our hands (you know... fuzzy wuzzy had no hair!) and I can't wait to be artistic with her locks.
Thanks for that post. Today was a day I needed to read something like that. You guys are such wonderful parents and Gracie is a doll. Once Layla gets more hair I am going to you for ideas. She always looks so DARLING! Your a great Mom and friend! We should be moving in a few weeks and really want to have you guys over.
She looks so cute, her hair really is getting pretty long! Hope you had a happy easter. You are such a great mom.
I think it's been months since I've looked at your blog. Every mom can relate to the identity crisis. It's hard to find the balance between being unselfish and still keeping a part of you for just you. Just remember you'll be a better mom if you have some things that are just yours. You're a great person and mom. I'm sure you'll figure out that balance.
I am one of the friends who was blessed to help fill in the gaps by having Gracie in my home and I miss that little happy face!
Loved all the great pictures. She looked beautiful in her Easter dress.
Great post! It looks like you are really enjoying her more and more as she gets older. I miss you guys and hope you're doing well.
Post a Comment