These are some of the things I learned this week about being a Mom:
** Being thrown up on, moments after stepping out of the shower...just adds character.
** Bald Spots can be downright adorable.
** Being thrown up on, moments after stepping out of the shower...just adds character.
** Bald Spots can be downright adorable.

** Sleep must be overrated, because I'm not getting any!
** Using the bathroom requires an audience. (If I even try to shut the door for some privacy - here comes the wailing and the little fingers under the door...)
** I got shoved into our pantry by my 3-year-old. (Pathetic right?) Hmmmm...didn't even care. It's dark, It's quiet...Some alone time with an endless supply of food...I'll take it.
** It's possible (Not Comfortable) to fit a mom, 3-year-old and baby on a toddler mattress for "Night Night".
** This is probably the first of MANY pictures taken in this Princess Tent!
** Using the bathroom requires an audience. (If I even try to shut the door for some privacy - here comes the wailing and the little fingers under the door...)
** I got shoved into our pantry by my 3-year-old. (Pathetic right?) Hmmmm...didn't even care. It's dark, It's quiet...Some alone time with an endless supply of food...I'll take it.
** It's possible (Not Comfortable) to fit a mom, 3-year-old and baby on a toddler mattress for "Night Night".
** This is probably the first of MANY pictures taken in this Princess Tent!

** Hearing, "I Love You Mom" NEVER gets old.
** And the big realization I had: Our Children Save Us.
Let me elaborate. Earlier this week, I was having a conversation with a neighbor about the removal of my tumor. She told me I was "too young" to have something like this happen to me. I responded by telling her how grateful I am to an attentive OB/GYN doctor who actually listened to my symptoms and took them seriously. After seeing three different family practice doctors who told me my symptoms were simply 'no big deal' - it was my Obstetrician who really stressed that I needed to have a colonoscopy. And So I Did.
My sweet neighbor, with tears in her eyes, then said while pointing to Sienna:
"It looks like this little one was sent here to save you."
She's right.
My symptoms were so much worse when I was pregnant. And it was because they were extreme that I spoke to my OB doctor, who scheduled us with a GI doctor. Given the doctor's timeline of how the dysplasia in the tumor was just months away from budding through the walls of my colon - if I hadn't been pregnant, I don't think we would have thought to have the procedure done. And then by the time we discovered my situation...it could have been a very different and sad outcome.
** And the big realization I had: Our Children Save Us.
Let me elaborate. Earlier this week, I was having a conversation with a neighbor about the removal of my tumor. She told me I was "too young" to have something like this happen to me. I responded by telling her how grateful I am to an attentive OB/GYN doctor who actually listened to my symptoms and took them seriously. After seeing three different family practice doctors who told me my symptoms were simply 'no big deal' - it was my Obstetrician who really stressed that I needed to have a colonoscopy. And So I Did.
My sweet neighbor, with tears in her eyes, then said while pointing to Sienna:
"It looks like this little one was sent here to save you."
She's right.
My symptoms were so much worse when I was pregnant. And it was because they were extreme that I spoke to my OB doctor, who scheduled us with a GI doctor. Given the doctor's timeline of how the dysplasia in the tumor was just months away from budding through the walls of my colon - if I hadn't been pregnant, I don't think we would have thought to have the procedure done. And then by the time we discovered my situation...it could have been a very different and sad outcome.
I believe Heavenly Father sent Sienna as my 'Saving Hope'. I am overwhelmed with gratitude. And I know that our children do save us. It's the late nights, the spit-up in your hair, the genuine and devoted prayers in behalf of our children that save us from focusing so much on ourselves. Raising children is hard. You hurt when they hurt, you cry when they cry...and then once they are peacefully tucked in bed - You pray so intensely for them.
It's exhausting.
And yet - that love brings you one step closer to our Savior Jesus Christ, and reminds us that life isn't about US...it's about selfless giving.

6 comments:
You are amazing!! Sounds like you are blessed to have those lucky girls!!
That was a great post! Thanks! I needed that today.
That was beautifully said. Can I copy and paste :) What a blessing sweet Sienna is in so many different ways. I am so happy your OB listened. Who is she? My kind of Dr.
The next best part, being pushed into the Pantry. Did you eat gold fish and fruit snacks?
Brittany, you really are amazing! Thanks for sharing that. You have such a way of looking for and noticing the Lords hand in your life. You are such a great example to me.
I laughed out loud about the pantry thing. I found myself in the exact same situation playing hide and seek this morning.
My friend Laurie had an experience similar to yours. She got pregnant, not on purpose, after the age of 40. When the baby was born she tore quite a bit---but tore exactly in the right place to reveal cancer. The doctor literally saw the cancer as the baby was being born; it was in just the right place that it never would have been detected had she not had that baby. Three years later she's still battling cancer, but she's alive because of that baby. God sure knows what he's doing.
I LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment