Cupid's Day was fun. Before helping my high-schoolers write and produce the Pride TV segment, I had them play "Doughnut You Know?" A game I created, where in order to win a doughnut...you say something genuine and nice about the person whose name you draw out of a bowl. The students gave sincere compliments that they otherwise most likely never would have vocalized. No one was distracted on their phone or talking to their neighbor...they were just boosting up one another. It was fabulous. And then I got called down to the front office. Jody had sent me Beautiful Flowers!! He is so thoughtful. That made my day!
After teaching, I helped at Gracie's Valentine Pre-school Party.

Passing out Valentines, a puppet show and eating heart-shaped cookies. These darling kids were in heaven!

And who could forget this little love bug?
She needs a Heart Day Shout Out too. Speaking of hearts -- she has won mine...but also gives me daily heart attacks by climbing on furniture, attempting to swallow small objects and breaking all electronic devices. Ha! She makes up for all of the chaos with her hugs and snuggles.

She has been holding still like a champ while I blow dry her hair. What a good girl! Sienna just had her 2nd haircut. The stylist took an inch and 1/2 off of the back to create this A-line bob. It suits her.

Papa & Grandma Wiscombe and Uncle Michael dropped off some valentines for us too!!

That night, after I read Gracie her bedtime story, she squeezed me tightly. "Mom, I love you to the moon and back." It's one of those moments where you close your eyes and try and remember everything about that split second. What a lovely end to a sweet Heart Day!
4 comments:
Love it! So sweet.
Oh my word...your girls are absolutely adorable. What a cute little family you have, Britt. Let's go to lunch sometime and catch up.
I LOVE the game idea! Can I steal it for my students?!?!
You do such a great job. Cute girls & a fun day.
Post a Comment