It's Leap Day!
A day that only comes once every four years. And that got me thinking...what would I do with these precious extra hours? Vacuum the floor, snuggle a little longer with my babies and reflect. This February, Jody and I celebrated seven years of marriage.
Seven Years Ago, you could have told me; Jody and I would have two healthy little girls, would freeze up north in Montana for three years, buy three different homes, live (and even function just fine) without a microwave or dishwasher in our first house, laugh harder than we did when we dated, cry more deeply than I thought possible, and love at a level that 7 years ago...I wouldn't have been able to understand. It would have sounded epic then...but much like skipping to the end of a good novel - it would have just been words. The past 7 years with Jody as my other half - have been amazing.
Butte, Montana is not really the Newlywed Capital of the Nation. But off we went. We bought our first home. All 700 square feet of it. It didn't have any storage space - but that was okay. We didn't have much to store. The bathroom could only hold one person standing...unless of course the other person was standing in the shower. It was a humble home...but it was ours!
On this unique day, I am making a commitment to live each day like it is a bonus 24 hours! Life is what we make it. So let's make it glorious! I warmly smile at the path my life has taken. From the bumps in the road to the charming and unexpected detours...Today has been a day for me to look at the progression of the past seven years.
The video is going to have better clarity if you don't watch it on full-screen. :)
4 comments:
Love this post! And I love your V-day pics. So cute!
Happy anniversary!
Ok that video brought back some memories from our Butte days! Good times:) Kind of made me think some day we need to have a Butte reunion some day, in July of course!
Ahhh...I love your reflection. Isn't it funny what you can live on when you're first in love? You pretty much live on love!
Post a Comment