Monday, December 17, 2012

Maui


Jody partnered with Destinations Travel this year again providing all of the promotional SWAG for their VIP trip. The 2012 trip was to Maui.   It was a business networking trip with delightful people. I was blessed to join Jodes on this trip.

We arrived after a long day of travel. This spread was waiting for us in our hotel room.
















Our friends Kip & Missy were on the trip. Missy cuts my hair and keeps it looking fabulous. We had a good time hanging out. 


We stayed at the Grand Wailea....which is most definitely Grand.

The site inspection was a very long tour because there is so much offered here. The food and presentation were spectacular. Our last night we enjoyed lobster tail and prime rib. 



 






 The Grand Wailea has a number of pools and water slides. Jody thought it would be funny to let this slide just suck him down.



We had a fun time. There was also a water elevator that took us to the top of the slides via water tunnel and tube. Really cool. 

We went paddle boarding. I was hesitant. Two days before, boarders were evacuated out of the water because a 14 foot Tiger Shark had followed a sea turtle too close to shore. The sharks like to eat the turtles...and the lifeguards probably thought it wasn't safe to tempt the shark with a bunch of wobbly tourists falling off of their boards. Despite my nerves, Jody encouraged me. We did it! It was a blast. My hair didn't even get wet. I was determined to stay on that board and not become shark bait! Jody looks like a natural on the board. I looked like the New Year's baby with a touch of arthritis. (My white swimsuit bottoms were a bit baggy, and the way I was standing was hilarious.) But we had an awesome time. I am so glad I tried it!


We took a boat out to Molokai Rock, where we got very close to some fish underwater. It was breathtaking. Jody spotted an eel. My snorkel mask didn't leak. It also was super-suctioned to my face. When I took off the mask, the whole group burst into laughter. I had a detailed print from the mask and a hickey above my nose that stuck with me all day.


Pretty Sure the guy taking the picture said, "Say Aloha."  That explains the open mouths.  Nice. 

   The Farewell Dinner Party was exquisite.



Our last night, we watched as the orange sun melted into the ocean. Jody and I walked hand in hand down the beach. We talked about life 8 years ago when we met, and where we thought life would take us in the next 8 years.
We laughed. We took in the moment.


And then this happened...




What a beautiful trip.


"Choose your Love, and Love your Choice."
Goodness Gracious, I love my choice!



Jody is a hard worker and a caring person. Maui is not a normalcy for us. Working late hours, eating leftovers and sweeping up spilled Cheerios most definitely is an average day in the Tait household. It was a gorgeous getaway. Hopefully we can work hard to make it back for another visit.

1 comment:

Natalie Kay said...

Wow!! Looks like so much fun! I would do just about anything for a trip to Hawaii.... maybe someday?