Sunday, June 15, 2008

HAPPY FIRST FATHER'S DAY!!


It's a special day for Jody - it's his very first Father's Day! Jody is an amazing husband, a patient and incredible father and an astounding person. I always knew Jody would be a great father...I saw that quality in him when we were dating. However, it has been such a joy to watch him with Gracie. He is so tender and fun with her...and he looks great carrying the diaper bag! (Even though he thinks it is way too girly.) Jody keeps Gracie well-rounded. I often find them watching ESPN together, and Gracie has even helped Jody mow the lawn while in her front pack. This is your day Jody! Gracie and I are so lucky to call you "ours".

I've been very blessed to have a phenomenal father of my own. My dad has taught me about the person I want to become. He is so dedicated and such a hard worker. He never gives less than 110 percent at everything. He loves his family so much, and I know he would do absolutely anything for me. I'm just pretty lucky - I've had great examples of dads scattered throughout my life - including my own father-in-law. He is very considerate and loves our family so very much.


And before he was a great Dad - Jody was (and still is) a fantastic husband. Jody and I have so many wonderful memories. I want to share a funny story about us. We were on one of our first dates back in the Fall of 2003. Jody and I were in the backseat of the car with a few friends after one of his flag football games. We were kind-of squished, and so I leaned my head back on the headrest trying to give us all a little more room. (Side note - for those of you who didn't know me in college...my hair was long and curly...and some might say somewhat BIG.) Jody then said, while patting my hair, "Wow - this must be really comfortable when you lay down. Do you even need a pillow?" I laughed out loud. But Jody just looked at me waiting for a response. I then laughed even harder when I realized he wasn't joking!!! I love you Jody! And, yes...my hair used to make a pretty nice pillow!

5 comments:

taitmom said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you made it a great 1st Father's Day for Jody. Of course, we knew he would be a great dad. Together, you make a great team.

Love to all

The Tait Family said...

Cute pictures. What a nice tribute to all the "dads" in your life.

Greg and Ky said...

Ever since I was old enough to hear and remember stories the first ones that come to mind are the ones mom and grandma would tell about how much you loved me when I was born. I was maybe a month old and you asked if you could take me downstairs to your hut! Mom would say how you just always wanted to hold me. I knew all growing up some day you would be a wonderful dad. And that you are you are such a great dad to sweet little Gracie, she is a lucky little girl! Love you Jody! Hope it was a good day for you!

Cathy said...

I love all your pictures!!! Yay for dads!

swiscoms said...

Jody, We hope you had a great Father's Day. The first one is always special. Gracie is lucky to have two great parents who love her very much. Love, Stan, Ronda, and Michael